People need CAPTIONS with their videos – how else are they going to get away with watching videos in class, a boring meeting, or a public toilet without causing severe social embarrassment?
Help them pass the day by captioning your YouTube videos.
Check out this video explainer or follow the instructions below:)
Using the Video Manager.
- To add or edit a captioning file, you must be the owner of the video and have the video uploaded to YouTube.
- In the top right, click your account icon > Creator Studio.
- Find the video to caption, and select the Edit button.
- Using the top navigation bar, click the Subtitles and CC tab. This page is where you will choose to upload existing caption or transcript files, or create your own automatic captions.
- When you first upload a video, choose the video language from the dropdown menu.
- Then, select the Add subtitles or CC button, and choose your specified language (e.g. English).
- Review automatic captions and edit or remove any parts that haven’t been properly transcribed.
- Click Publish.
After you have published your captions, you can click the “Actions” button and download your captions as an .srt file. This way you can upload them, along with your video, to other platforms such as Facebook.
Please comment below as well as LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel for more videos!